This Thursday and Friday, November 27th and 28th, Technical and Account/Billing staffing will be limited to email support. Please visit the
to submit your inquiries.
Phone and Live Chat Support will resume on Monday, December 1st from 10am to 7pm.
New and modified on Friday, October 19, 2007:
1. Ksaravi Gulch
Game Updates October 16,2007
The low to high teens
adventuring area of Ksaravi Gulch in Qalia has been revamped. It now features
new group and solo content, with many quest lines for either type of player
as well as an enhanced storyline, additional items and the chance to fly into
battle on an elite back wyvern mount.
3 all new solo quest lines offering 20 new quests
12 group quests in an exciting new group quest line
Fly into battle on an elite black wyvern
All-new rewards, like Coronarian Gloves and Ice Ember poison
2. Guild Hall Trophies
The Guild Hall Trophy item can now be placed in a house or any Guild Headquarters. The buff from the trophy will be shared by all guild members that are online. There will be three trophies to choose from (one for each of Vanguard’s icon characters).
The Guild Hall Trophy can only be picked up by the person who placed it.
3. Player Housing / Guild Housing
All player housing areas should have a crafting center within one chunk's distance. You will find crafting trainers, vendors, taskmasters, and stations. In addition, a few select areas (including all of the islands) have had flying mount renters added.
In addition to that, Guildhall adventuring drops should now be much easier to obtain. Mnalus Fungus will now rarely drop off most mobs in Lair of the Mnalus. Mummy Dust will now rarely drop off most mobs in Nusibe. Fiend Blood
will now rarely drop off most mobs in Rhaz Inkur.4. Optimizations / Bug Fixes
Fixing bugs and optimizing the game have been a big priority for us. We’ve
put in fixes for over a dozen high-profile client crash fixes as well as
hundreds of bugs. We’ve fixed a major memory leak and even made some sound
optimizations. On the whole, a lot of players’ performance should improve
with this patch.
With this patch, we’re also laying the groundwork to start implementing
optimized NPC models. You should see them start showing up in the near future
(likely in Qalia first). 5. Spam Filter
Ask, and you shall receive! It's been in the
works for quite some time, but Game Update 3 unleashes the code that should
help eliminate a lot of the spam you may receive in-game. The code
works similarly to those featured in other SOE games, in that it
automatically filters messages flagged as spam, and reports them to Customer
- You can now request that your character be copied (not moved, just copied)
to the test server by using the new /copycharacter command. This command
toggles your request to be copied on and off. Please type, "/help
copycharacter" for more info.
- You may no longer hit yourself with targeted AEs.
- The LFG flag will now default to off if not found in the settings file.
- Brokers - The maximum items that a player may have on the broker has been
increased to 15. This change was made due to player feedback. Rejoice!
- To avoid conflict with a diplomacy title, the Squire title given by the
Title Commissioner has been replaced with Attendant.
-You can now swap items in your bank, even if the bank is full.
- Players' Locations for Renton Keep are now categorized correctly.
- Items that are not stacks no longer bring up the stack "Split" window, they just get dragged as if you didn't hold down a
key to try to split them.
- Holding down the CTRL key and dragging on a stacked item will now pull one
off the stack instead of bringing up the "Split" window. You can still bring up
window to split a stack of items, but you now hold down the SHIFT key while
dragging the item instead of CTRL like you used to. This was changed to make
it a bit more consistent with how other games work, so it is a bit less
confusing to new players.
- Hobgoblin eyes, claws, and belts are no longer considered valuable on
Telon. However, hobgoblin trinkets, pants, and chests can be sold for a decent
- The edit box for the various "Split"
windows should now work properly.
- Right-clicking and holding (dragging) in the main/text area of the chat
window will no longer drag the chat window, it will allow mouselook instead.
This should greatly reduce accidentally dragging the chat window when you
really just wanted to start mouselooking.
- You should now get a feather fall type buff applied to you anytime you get
dismounted from a flying mount, unless you are only a few meters from the
ground when you get dismounted. This includes crashing while on a flying
mount, so the days of falling to your death because you lost your flying
mount should be over.
- All player housing areas should have a crafting
center within one chunk's distance. You will find crafting trainers, vendors,
taskmasters, and stations. In addition, a few select areas (including all of
the islands) have had flying mount renters added.
- Some NPCs have learned how to see through stealth, beware! Please also note
that this change does not affect stalking.
- Guildhall adventuring drops should now be much easier to obtain. Mnalus
Fungus will now rarely drop off most mobs in Lair of the Mnalus. Mummy Dust
will now rarely drop off most mobs in Nusibe. Fiend Blood will now rarely
drop off most mobs in Rhaz Inkur.ADVENTURING
- Detaunts - Increased flat detaunts across the board by 100%.
- Healers - Healing Dispersion has been adjusted. The base heal has been
reduced significantly bringing it more in line with its intended values.
- Bard - Fix for Bard songs remaining on all players even after the Bard
leaves the group
- Bard - Fasant's Segue of Sundering now reduced target strength by 13.
- Bard - Fasant's Hymn of Frailty now reduces target strength by 6-8.
- Bard - Cirel's Healing Harmony now costs 6 energy per
second and caps out at 7 points of healing.
- Bard - Cirel's Tranquil Tune now cost 5 energy per second and restores 25-28 hit points and 15-18 energy.
- Bard - Cirel's Rhythm of Renewal now costs 5 energy per
second and caps out at 40 points of healing.
- Bard – Cirel’s Phrase of Renewal now costs 8 energy per
second and caps out at 10 points of healing.
- Bard - Lowered the refresh of Lightning Kisses the Ground to 30 seconds, to
better match the rest of the attack chain
- Bard - Shatter the Mountain now only causes critical vulnerability for 1
- Bard - Bards may no longer start a song while invulnerable.
- Bard - Bard songs will now only display the effects that are active on a
- Bard - Fix for bards being able to DoT players who had the 30 second PvP
immunity upon death.
- Bard - AE components, such as Cirel's Tranquil Tune, will now affect only
nearby raid members. This change greatly improves performance for everyone.
- Blood Mage - Increased the energy cost of Entwining Vein
- Blood Mage - Increased the range of Cerebral Graft to 25m.
- Blood Mage - Mental Transmutation is no longer % based. It now has flat
costs and returns
- Disciple - Lowered the END drain portion of the Gift of Vitae bond
- Disciple - Bonds are no longer toggled
- Disciple - Bonds no longer have a limit per target
- Disciple - Removed overall bond limit
- Disciple - Increased all Bond costs to 3 Jin.
- Disciple - Increased the detaunt portion of Soul Cutter.
- Disciple - Increased the taunt portion of the Baiting Strike line.
- Druid – Fireseeds now display damage in the ability tooltip.
- Druid – Increased the damage of Fireseeds.
- Druid – Lowered the cost of Roseberries.
- Druid – Increased the stack size of Mottleberries, Roseberries and
Fireseeds to 10.
- Monk - Harmonious Body form now works as intended.
- Monk - Significantly increased the damage on Palm Explodes the Heart and
added a damage over time component.
- Monk - Significantly increased the damage on Hammer Fist and added an stun component.
- Monk - Significantly increased the damage on Three Finger Strike and added
an avoidance debuff component.
- Necromancer - Added new grafts to graft necropsy tables
- Necromancer – Increased chances of getting grafts when Necropsy is used.
- Necromancer - Increased minion hit points.
- Necromancer - The Skin of Xakrin now works correctly and has had its
- Necromancer - Your Well and Font spells have been renamed. The new name
more closely matches what is created by the spell.
- Necromancer - Dragging an equipped pet graft onto another item in your
inventory now gives an error message instead of overwriting the item (which
made that item appear to be lost).
- Paladin - Made your "Foeman" abilities now usable outside of
combat, similar to the way the Dread Knights Bleak Foeman functions.
- Paladin - The block % of your "Foeman" abilities have been
increased to the level of the Dread Knights.
- Psionicist - The higher levels of Simulacrum should now be more capable of
keeping your opponents attention.
- Psionicist - Temporal Shift no longer stops your auto attack.
- Ranger - Added text feedback and cast phase animation to Nature's Remedy.
- Ranger - Increased the range of Nature's Remedy to 25m.
- Ranger - Feral Strike now lasts for 5 hits instead of 5 attacks
- Ranger - Your default style is now offensive. Whenever you log in you will
automatically use this style.
- Rogue - Lethal Strikes has been added to trainers starting at level 6
- Rogue - Flee has been added to trainers at level 20.
- Rogue - Reduced the refresh timer of Escape to 5 minutes.
- Rogue - Refresh timer on Quickblade has been reduced to 4 minutes.
- Rogue - Refresh timer on Relentless has been reduced to 5 minutes.
- Rogue - Elusive Mark now increases parry chance instead of evasion. This
results in the same amount of total evasion ability with the added bonus of
increased counter attacks. Also reduced the refresh time to 60 seconds.
- Shaman - The buffs gained from your patron forms will no longer stop
working after being in the form for an hour.
- Shaman - Fiery Quills now does the correct amount of damage at all levels.
- Shaman - Wings of Hayatet III will now stack properly when bonded to
- Shaman - Attendant of Rakurr now attacks every 2 seconds instead of every 1
second. Damage and aggro generation have been increased to match the new,
slower attack speed.
- Shaman - Scent of Blood is now instant cast. This should alleviate any
- Shaman - Tearing Claw, Vicious Bite and Hamstring will now open Fist of the
Earth on a critical hit.
- Shaman - Maim will now deal double damage against an opponent suffering
from the flesh rend weakness.
- Shaman - Avatar of the Phoenix now displays the correct healing amount.
- Shaman - Bloody Fang now removes the Bitten weakness to maintain
consistency with the Weakness System.
- Shaman - Purging Flames should now function correctly
- Warrior - Made your "Foeman" abilities now usable outside of
combat, similar to the way the Dread Knights Bleak Foeman functions.
- Warrior - The block % of your "Foeman" abilities have been
increased to the level of the Dread Knights.CRAFTING
- A few obsolete items have been removed from the outpost crafting merchant
- The outpost in Varryn Dunes should now give rest experience.
- Mortar and mortar components are now set to Grade A. This should solve any
- Qalian and Thestran guild house windows are now available for purchase on
- The tutorial quest rewards "improved tools" have had their levels
lowered so they can be equipped by crafters at Level 2.
- Fixed lots of typos in crafting actions, recipes and crafting quests.
- Actions that say "Treatment" now actually use treatment.
- A bug with the Dawn's Sign quest recipes for artificers has been fixed.
- Many merchants in housing plot areas now offer banking services.
- All community crafting areas near house plots will grant faction bonuses
upon successful work order completion much like other outposts.
- An error with faction gain bonuses for work orders at Grade C has been
- You can now properly turn in the finished products for the gilded coffers
- Focusing Crystals of Countering descriptions have been fixed. Stone Support
was actually supposed to say metal gripDIPLOMACY
- The Civic Diplomacy radius of Leth Nurae has been expanded to encompass a
number of NPCs that were available for Civic parleys but not able to
manipulate the levers. These NPCs are: Celestial Lion Orilana, Votary Unalu,
Starseer Darniel, Silver Crescent Belaris, Adept Tiyun, Apprentice Anderion,
Adept Theric, Adept Silareth, Adept Eldamar, Adept Sulhin.
- The Informant loot tables for tier 1 Blackmail (all types) and tier 2
Blackmail hearsay have been improved to drop multiples of the same loot item rather than 1.
- All four tiers of Informants and all 3 types of Information now have at
least some chance of dropping one or more baubles of appropriate tier to the
tier of the information (tier 1 information = prestigious baubles, tier 2 =
prestigious and shiny prestigious baubles, tier 3 = shiny and radiant
prestigious baubles, tier 4 = radiant prestigious baubles). Drop rates vary
based on type of information, continent, and the quality of the information.
- It is now possible to purchase House Thistle Fencing Gloves. Jam will no
longer withhold his goods!
- Bartenders across Telon now have the four new newbie line comments in their
loot tables. Only tier 1 and 2 parleys will yield these comments, with tier 1
having the highest drop rate. Unlike the cards in the newbie line, these
cards are not soulbound and thus tradable.
- Diplomacy expendables (kini verse, phlactery of maroj, Macken's Wisdom,
etc.) are no longer BOE.
- A number of Hai Fang Su Li's rare tier 4 Diplomacy clothing are now
correctly named after that aspect of Gloriann from the incorrect name of
- A number of Sihari's rare tier 4 Diplomacy clothing are now correctly named after the storm goddess. Boy was she mad that the trade
god Beiganan had his name on her stuff!
- Newbie lines have new comment cards placed on them so you will no longer be
able to select a comment card you cannot use. These are identical clones of
existing newbie comments you receive based on your Adventuring class.
- Bartenders now give out a variety of baubles depending on tier, including
the new Radiant and Exquisite Prestigious baubles.
- In the Ca'ial Brael writ "Cut Down the Ra'Jin" you should no
longer be able to use the Yukionna Rod on the Yukionna until the proper time,
and you cannot talk to Governor Jalixfin or General Zewg until you have used
the rod on the Yukionna.
- Bartender parleys have had their prereqs altered to make them display more
logically and to prevent overlap.
- Diplomacy "Land" objects (acquired from Noble
Houses in New Targonor) now fit in Diplomacy containers.
- All Diplomacy Neck items now will fit in Diplomacy containers (like the valise or hold-all).
- Drop rates for Evidence in high in-tier Civic parleys have been increased
by 40% above it's original drop rate.
- NPCs in Civic Diplomacy should no longer belong to overlapping loot tables
for Information, especially NPCs of levels 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50.
- Tier 4 Diplomacy Information turn-ins now can give "Radiant
Prestigious Baubles." These baubles, when right-clicked, give 10 Prestige
faction for the area and devolve into a Shiny
- Some New Targonor Diplomacy House quests have had their rewards altered to
account for the new Bursars for each House.
- The shiny prestigious bauble requirement in all 3 Diplomacy guild hall
quests has been reduced from 75 to 50.
- House Bursars will no longer attempt to hawk titles to players, which they
have already purchased.
- Rank Dealings in Veskal's Exchange no longer requires Merchant Presence to
complete. Ramoak the vendor has taken holy vows and is now a Clergy.
- The missing nine NPC race-specific Diplomacy cards have been found and
stuck to the proper NPCs. Let the hunt continue!
- Diplomacy cards now drop from appropriate NPCs up to NPC level 60.
- Diplomacy cards will no longer drop from level 1-4 NPCs throughout Telon.
- Bartender parleys across Telon now have a small chance of dropping
Adventuring loot, including rare Adventuring items. These items are drawn
from the common World Loot tables.
- Tier 2 Diplomacy valises (28 slot) are now
available from Chancellor Dagnol Granitefist in Bordinar's Cleft, Chancellor
Cirfalin Onios in Leth Nurae, and His Elegance, Raoul in New Targonor for 250
of the appropriate type of Prestige faction.
- NPC racial cards attached to sentient mobs now drop at a rate dependent on
the number of dots on the mob.
- By overwhelming popular request, level 50 Bartender Parleys have been added
to all Bartenders.
- Level 30 Bartender parleys are now correctly set to level 30 again.
- Level 20 Qalian Bartender parleys are now correctly set to level 20 again.
- Bartender loot tables have been corrected to prevent overlap (and the
giving of rewards below your tier!)
- Kojani Bartender parleys now will correctly give out Prestige Faction
- Level 5-60 Ghosts and Cartheon Zombies (upright zombies) no longer drop
"Words of the Dead" - they drop a new card instead.
- NPCs of the zombie race from levels 35-60 drop Words of the Dead - lower
level zombies no longer do. This does not apply to upright zombies from
- Eye of Zukayr is no longer deconstructable.
- Mask of the Feral Warrior is now Bind on Equip and no longer Sellable
- The Sun Strike of Vol Anari and the Moon Strike of Vol Tuniel have had
their statistics increased. The ultra rare version has received a minor
upgrade while the legendary versions have received a larger upgrade. All of
these items may now stack up to 200 per lot.WORLD POPULATION
- Flordiel - Issues with various armor quest drops in Flordiel have been
- Ichtaka - Issues with various armor quest drops in Ichtaka have been
- Mekalia - The Saddlebag and horseshoe vendors in Skyside Bunker sold their
wares to Olinard, who now sells all Horse Accessories in Mekalia. The
Constables have been informed of the update.
- Mekalia - The Regular, Expert, and Master horse vendors have moved from
Skyside Bunker into Mekalia to escape General Ulaben's agent. The Constables
have been updated with their new locations.
- NPCs - High Justice Sadantel
Seniaqo has returned to the Lucent Outpost and is once again recruiting high
level adventurers to fight against the Tehatamani Empire.
- Quest: Controlling the Situation - The amount of dusts required has been
increased, and the drop rate has been increased as well.
- Vsurog Moor - Tishra should now reset properly after being killed.
- Vsurog Moor - Issues with various armor quest drops in Vsurog Moor have
- Ksaravi Gulch - In the war between Khal and the Ksaravi, it has become
apparent to both sides that force of arms is not enough. To this end,
the Ksaravi have turned to the creation of vile magical toxins and diseases
with which they plan to afflict the good people of Khal. In the aftermath,
they intend to claim the city as their own. In order to put an end to
the Ksaravi taint, you will need the aid of Curate Sabha and Brumdul Svat,
priests of the White Coronaria, a sect that worships Sahari Jeddai, the
Qaliathari aspect of Gloriann. Fighting into the gulch is not an easy
affair, even with the magic of the White Coronaria, and time is of the
essence. Yet, hope rides on black wings, and Captain Venir Isthir of
the elite Black Wyvern Riders offers an answer. By working with the
Black Wyvern Riders, you can gain access to a temporary wyvern mount that
will allow you to conduct your swift raids in the Ksaravi Gulch and put the
Ksaravi back on the defensive.
- 3 all new solo quest lines offering
20 new quests
- 12 group quests in an exciting new
group quest line
- Fly into battle on an elite black
- All-new rewards, like Coronarian
Gloves and Ice Ember poisonCODINGGENERAL
- Fix for a memory leak that had been affecting many players
- Guilds are now able to mark themselves as recruiting new members, add a
description of their guild, and mark members as guild recruiters. Players
that want to find a guild to join can look through the list of guilds that
are recruiting in the new "Guilds LFM" tab within the
"Guild" tab of the social window. Clicking on a guild in the list
to the left of this new tab will show the selected guild's description and a
list of recruiters from that guild which can be contacted for more info about
- PVP: New resist system for detrimental utility spells (Roots, stuns,
snares, mezzes, debuffs)! Resistances matter much more now, and utility
spells will be resisted more frequently, especially against players with high
resists. Damaging spells still use the old resist formulas.
- Fix for a bug that enabled some players to level to 51
- Fix for another crash issue
- Several performance enhancements have been added to increase frame rate in
- Fixed an issue where you could go over the 30plat cap when trading if you
had money in the bank resulting in losing money the next time you looted
- Fixed an issue with the Last Online time being incorrect on the friends window.
- You can no longer receive group or brotherhood invites from someone on your
- You will now see loot links when you loot an item, and when a loot master
gives loot to another player.
- You will now always see when a group member loots an item even if they are
- Fixed some issues with NPC hate lists that would cause a person who had
lower health to generate large amounts of hate.
- Made it so for every meter a player is away from a target, they will now
generate Â½% less hate up to 20% for all damage done.
- You will no longer be able to /giveplayerloot someone an item from a raid
NPC who wasn’t part of the raid battle.
- You can now swap equipped items with items in your inventory (or bags) even
if your inventory and bags are full, provided it is a one for one swap and
doesn't require removing two equipped items (such as swapping out sword and
shield for a two handed weapon).
- Diplomacy cards should no longer always show as unusable when in your
- Made further adjustments to help with the display of invisible items in
guild halls and the houses near guild halls.
- You can now right click on a stack of items that have charges without
expending the charges of the entire stack, so items like “Imperial Darkbrew”
can now be safely used while stacked.
- Thrown items now display class requirements/restrictions in the item info
- Quests that require less than a full stack of items to complete will now only
take the exact number they need, instead of taking an entire stack. So
a quest that needed 35 of a certain item, will no longer take 40 if you have
two stacks of 20.
- While testing raid functionality on the test server, several optimization
issues were discovered and corrected for both the servers and client. From UI optimizations on the client to
server processing of large groups of combatants, there should be a noticeable
performance improvement in all aspects of the gameCLIENT
- When placing a crafting or harvesting tool in a toolbelt it will now bring
up the Bind of Equip confirm when necessary.ENGINE
- There is a new setting in the Audio tab called Distance. This value is used
to calculate how far away a sound will play. If you have a single-core CPU
you may see some performance increase from lowering this value. If you desire
to hear sounds from further away, you can raise this value, though it may effect performance.GRAPHICS
- Added a new slider bar to toggle the scale of the scrolling combat text.
- The particle throttle sliders in the Settings panel will now properly
throttle the particle effects correctly by type. Sliding these down will
process fewer particles, and yield some performance gains, especially in
combat - and even more so in raids where you have 12-18 players playing
- Guild Trophy buffs are now in. The guild trophy buff will only be applied
to the character if the items is placed in a guild
- NPCs will no longer open locked doors. This fixes an exploit where you
could get an aggro NPC on the far side of a locked
door to open the door for you when it moved to attack you.
- NPC / Resource / Corpse interaction ranges should now be more correct and
scale-independent (so it's no longer difficult to be within the ability range
Quests: The Great Escape